Welds into Part Copy

I have a weldment with welds that I want to import as a part copy and then machine away some of the weld.  When I import the part copy none of the welds come across.  I have tried saving in neutral file format and none of the welds get translated there either.  I have asked a question of GTAC and he brought in my files and hit the update link on the part copy and the welds showed up.  He gave me a copy of one of his files and I was able to see the welds in the part copy, but when I updated the link they disappeared.  Is there some switch that I need to set in order to get the welds to be translated?

Mike D.

10 REPLIES

Re: Welds into Part Copy

Mike,

You can cut away part of the weld directly from within the assembly. Once you have created the weld use assembly Features to modify it. See Video:-

(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark

I realize that but assembly features are not what I am trying to do.  The guy at GTAC doesn't seem to have a problem doing what I am trying to do, so I am wondering where the disconnect is.

I also have no issue getting welds to show in the Part Copy of the ASM...

Maybe post a video of the PC creation?

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

Ken, the GTAC guy doesn't seem to have a problem either.  I tried it on another machine that we have and got the same result.  Something seems to be preventing the welds from being exported and then imported.

Here's another weird one. I took an old .pwd style weldment assembly that I had, and imported it as a part copy, and all of the welds came in no problem.

What version and maintenance pack are you running? 

-Dylan Gondyke

I am running ST7 MP1.  I am going to try to install MP2 and see if that cleans this problem up.

I believe your issue is the same as that reported in IR7216497 and will be resolved in ST7MP2.

Aditya

---
Aditya Gurushankar
Manager, Solid Edge Planning

mdamson wrote:

I am running ST7 MP1.  I am going to try to install MP2 and see if that cleans this problem up.

Hi Mike,

Just be aware of the "Double File Extension" regression in MP2,....the system includes the parent files extension when saving a draft file, and when exporting to another format.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP4] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10