What about solid edge forum app for android and iOS device??

Dear all solid edge masters.. Thanks to make this wonderful website lots of new things lots of new commands lots of learning. But one thing to say each and every time when i want to see discussion on this forum i have to login with pc(which is not with me every time) , or login with cell phone . But when i login with cell phone it looks like not having fun. .. So what about solid edge form app that we can easly access discussion and reply to them ..with easy and fast. get notification about new discussion and also about discussion which one i post, like facebook .☺ So i request all solid edge user to reply what you think about this ?? Thanks all of you
12 REPLIES

Re: What about solid edge forum app for android and iOS device??

MLombard
Retired

We've floated the idea of even using Tapatalk, which I'd be all for, but it's not going to go anywhere.

Anyway, great idea.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

@MLombard, Do you want me to submit an enhancement request and let everyone know how to tack onto the IR?

MLombard
Retired

Sure, you can do that. That generally works best for getting functionality into the Solid Edge product, but I haven't heard of it being used to get functionality into the community site. But yeah, ERs are always a good thing to go over.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

MLombard wrote:

We've floated the idea of even using Tapatalk, which I'd be all for, but it's not going to go anywhere.

Anyway, great idea.

Agreed @MLombard, it is a great idea, thanks @Vrushank_Patel.......and one that has already worked for us in the past, albeit in the previous iteration of this forum [Newsgroup] in which Tapatalk was a great point of access for me, and has a nice layout, but most of all was VERY easy to use.

This forum [Community] team has made terrific strides in those regards, but a light weight version, particularly for mobile access, has got to be one the "must have's" for sites, especially such as this one.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

MLombard wrote:

Anyway, great idea.

Tapatalk would be awesome.

PLM World Member Phenom

I'm suprised that, by default, Siemens didn't pick a Responsive format for their web template for these forum. Even logging in via my phone is a nightmare.  The rest is just a smushed up mess.

PLM World Member Phenom

IR 7780776.

MLombard
Retired

The issue here is that mobile stats are so low, that it's hard to justify resources for mobile enhancements. Now, who's to say whether the low mobile stats are cause or effect, but they are currently being treated as cause for low priority. Poor mobile experience may however have the effect of low stats. So who knows. If you really want improved mobile tools, start accessing the site with your phones and tablets, regardless if it looks better on a desktop. Offering an interface to Tapatalk should be simple.

MLombard
Retired

swertel wrote:

I'm suprised that, by default, Siemens didn't pick a Responsive format for their web template for these forum. Even logging in via my phone is a nightmare.  The rest is just a smushed up mess.

I'll buy you a beer in Indy.