Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are those pink lines?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

How do i use those pink lines between the circles as show.

i want to centralise the circles to the centre of my solid. (the centre is where the co-ord triad is)

Capture.PNG

id also like to know how do i add them if i accidentally delete them.

and how are those pink lines different to adding a centre-line between them and using the mid point to centrally constraint it.

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)
11 REPLIES

Re: What are those pink lines?

Genius
Genius

The lines you ask about are automatically generated by the Horizontal/Vertical command in the Relate group when in the sketch environment.

If you want to relate to the mid-point between 2 circles, draw a construction line between the circles and use the mid-point of that.

585 ST10 Win 7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@585

ok cool, thats what i have been doing. but i see they can be handy if i dont need to add centre-lines as it does it for you.

can they be added manually if deleted? or would it be the same amount of work as adding a centre-line. so i might as well just add those instead?

Regards,

MagRiz
(ST9 User Est 01.18)

Genius
Genius

They are better than centre lines because they control the horizontal or vertical relationship between 2 sketch elements. I don't think it is normal practice to use centre lines in the sketch environment.

If you need to replace a deleted relationship, just select the 'Horizontal/Vertical' tool in the Relate group.

585 ST10 Win 7

Betreff: What are those pink lines?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MagRiz

as already answered by @585 those realtion indicators shows the horizontal relation between Your circles.

In that example, You are showing, I personally would prefer and recommend, to simply use a mirror relation/command of Your circles.

Why?

With the mirrored relation there not only the horizontal relation is included (of course) but also the equal relation You have set onto the circles, and as a nice addidtional effect, they are centerd by creation.

So now additonal task/relation/effort is necessary to achieve what You want.

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Further to what @585 has explained, you can choose to not display i.e. hide the relationship lines from the Sketching ribbon:

RelationshipHandles.png

Hi @Tushar

but to be honest, this would be the same as working with Word (or any other text software) without showing the formatting symbols.

They give additional info for a proper usage and working, and that's the same in SE

regards
Wolfgang

Yes, absolutely agree @hawcad

What I meant was additional information to be used if there is ambiguity between relationship lines and centerlines where one can be hidden to show the other (using layers).

Regards,

Tushar

Speaking of layers it would be great if you could determine the layer of an entity in the properties dialog. Right now you can only determine what layer something is on by having the layer dialog open and seeing what layer highlights when you pick an entity. Or play off/on guessing games. Not very friendly IMO.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Is this what you mean ?

PropertiesLayer.png