Solved! Go to solution

What are you working on right now?

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see what cool stuff everyone was using Solid Edge to make right now so I decided to start this thread.  I'm on the Solid Edge planning team in Huntsville so I've done a couple of projects for testing in ST6 and thought I'd share some of my models.  I had some spare time one weekend and made this little website, all of the renderings were done in Keyshot.  Here's the site Everyone post up theirs!  I want to see some renderings and links!

Justin

22 REPLIES

Re: What are you working on right now?

[ Edited ]

You probably don't mean me, but I did make this iPhone holder in Solid Edge.  It kept falling off my dashboard.

I think there is a telephone icon in the WingDing's font and used that to cut out the center.

That's probably a really costly device based on the cost of filament... Smiley LOL

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

Well, I don't get to do "real CAD" as much as I'd like. Been in meetings on industry segments and such. It's all for the good of SE of course, but I think I'd rather be rocking in Solid Edge!

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

I'm with you there Dan.  Been immersed in PLM stuff for far too long Smiley Frustrated and would like to get back to concentrating on Solid Edge... BETA was a wonderful distraction from PLM!

Ken Grundey

Dan

I can trade your meetings Smiley Wink if this can help you get back to the root.

[ Edited ]

Hopefully finishing off the second version of a foot bridge [w/viewing platform] railing design, that we're also manufacturing here.

The assembly has 5800 parts, which only includes fasteners for the timber rail sections....probably hit 8500 with all fastener components added.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Ken,.

Not really.  PLA (what I made this out of) is about $18 a pound. This probably cost $4.

Design hours, tuning the machine, running upstairs to make sure the filiment is not tangled... priceless.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by SusanCinadr (Community Admin)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

What system were you using... definetly not a Stratasys system :-0
Ken Grundey

Nice!  Do we still have a 3D printer?