What can I do when Solid Edge or Revision Manager will not open an assembly file?

What can I do when Solid Edge or Revision Manager will not open an assembly file to verify if the links are OK.

7 REPLIES

Re: What can I do when Solid Edge or Revision Manager will not open an assembly file?

What error message do you get when attempting to open it?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: What can I do when Solid Edge or Revision Manager will not open an assembly file?

I get no error message ,it just shows me" no response" from the task manager.

Tom Smith
Mechanical Engineer

[cid:image001.jpg@01CEC040.62CA2D20]
You're Heard, Loud and Clear.

30303 Aurora Rd., Solon, OH 44139
www.bird-technologies.com
w: 440.519.2307
f: 440.248.9593
e-mail: tsmith@bird-technologies.com

The information contained in this E-mail message is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. This message and all communication contained herein is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this E-mail message in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify Bird Technologies immediately by calling (440) 248-1200.

All technical information forwarded from Bird Technologies is EXPORT CONTROLLED. Receiver shall not disclose technical data in any form to a Foreign Person (including any foreign person employees), or export the technical data from the United States without U.S. Government authority and the written authorization of Bird Technologies. Violation of U.S. Government export laws are subject to severe criminal and civil penalties.

*** Please consider the environment before printing this email! ***

Ok not sure what happened.Tried opening it on another computer with Revision Manger and it finally opened. Saved and was able to open the file on my original computer,

Hi guys

I'm having the “There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program” message when i try to open the Revision Manager by the right-click menu over a SE file. 

Then, my first attempt was 're-assign' the Revision Manager in the 'Open With' option for the file ... But I can find the correct executable for Revision Manager. Which .EXE from SE folder should I point to?

And I don't see a shortcut for RM on SE folder by the Start menu. It could be done for help in future? Or it will only work with the right-click menu way ?

Thanks for advices 

BR

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8

[ Edited ]

- The executable you are looking for is called iCnct.exe and is in one of the C:\Program Files\Solid Edge STx subfolders, but I doubt reassigning file extensions will help.

- Can you send a file to RevMan using the right-click menu in Windows Explorer if it has no spaces in the path/file name, like c:\test.par?

- If you can't get the right-click menu to work, you can open View and Markup from your Start Menu. From within the app you can open any SE file in Revision Manager mode.

Thanks for the reply, @vongahlen

Yeah, the reassignment did not take effect. (And I even tried to execute it by command line, and also nothing happens)

Both no-spaces and normal file names didnt open (Windows take some time, like searching something in memory - no disk activity), and just the error messa shows up.

In my case, I had same behaviour with View and Markup (even clicking on the shortcut link, it didnt open, so I could not try open RM from there).

But I think in my case it was related to something inside Windows.  I made a deep registry and files cleanup with CCleaner and TFC (another smart system's temporary folders cleaner) apps. 

Then, after this and a fresh reboot, the RM (and View and Markup) works as it should.

(Note: Before all that I ran the SFC tool (sfc /scannow) and Repaired Solid Edge installation (by the Control Panel) and nothing had changed too)

BR

---------------------------------
Hilario, Flavio
Industrial Designer
ST8 / Win7 / Win8

Glad you got it fixed

Just something to note- I've heard of two separate instances where using CCleaner actually harmed a previously working Solid Edge installation.

-Dylan Gondyke