Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I hate the fact that there isn't a separate icon for Move and Copy (have to click between the two). There used to be a keyboard shortcut to toggle between the two; could someone kindly remind me what it is please?

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Legend
Legend

@Redcad2

When using the move command press left Ctrl and it moves to copy.

Sander
The Netherlands

Betreff: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Wolfgang_1  Regarding your STL import issue in versions after ST9... They added the "Heal" option in ST10 on import of an STL and there is no way to turn it off.  In SE 2019 an option was added to the STL import option form to turn off the healing which has resolved slow STL importing and should have returned it to the ST9 state.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Betreff: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Legend
Legend

@KennyG,

that´s cool. I try now how to do this.

Thank you.

Legend
Legend

Hello @KennyG,

Sorry when I must ask, but where is to find the option for STL?

Is it to find in SESTL.ini, then under Heal mesh fouls=Off?

Thank you for helping.

@Wolfgang_1  Yes, I believe that is the line in the SESTL.ini file that the option in the STL Option form in 2019 sets.  You may be able to add that to the file for ST10 to disable the healing but not sure if it will work.

Ken

Legend
Legend

Thank you @KennyG,

have done now a cross test between SE 9 und SE 2019.

Most STL shown now in both version.

However, have try to open the one file attached here to open in SE 9 and in SE 2019.

In SE 9 it shows a result in SE 2019 not.

Seams additional are some differences existing.

@Wolfgang_1  This is what I got in SE 2019 and it matched what was in the JT file you sent.

2018-10-03_14-04-47.png

Ken
Highlighted

Legend
Legend

Okay @KennyG, than is a problem with the settings (ini), or installation (German?). This test I can later do.

Thank you again.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hello @KennyG,

I think already you know. However I am mentioning again.

CTRL+B = Bottom
CTRL+K = Back

Regards,
Aslm