Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Seriously though ... this one’s not so much a frequent time saver, but one that can save a lot of headache and data loss.

If you’re ever prevented from saving a file due to a network glitch but haven’t saved your file in a while (who does that?), you can use the Application Button – Share – Mail Recipient to e-mail yourself or a coworker a copy of your current file.  It doesn't seem to matter if it's a Part, an Assembly or a Draft.  The linked files are not included, obviously.

Solid Edge seems to be able to successfully perform a background save and attaches your up-to-date file to an e-mail.  You can then detach the file attachment and replace it in the working folder.

It works with Outlook, but I’ve never tested it with anything else.

Kevin

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@KevinAlexander Mail Recipient is greyed out for me. Probably because of Insight I'm guessing. Wonder if it works in TC? Good idea though.

<edit> Pack and Go works though. Could probably use that.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I can't believe I didn't notice this button in the last 10 years!

Love to move parts in a subassembly without the need to enter it! Heart Heart Heart Heart

wheel.png

Experimenter
Experimenter
Awesome! This one will save me a ton of time, thanks!

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

This must be the most hidden gem in Solid Edge, or at least for me that I do use Solid Edge since version 6 (Yes 6 not ST6) it is something I never discovered until now.

Ordered mode

Hole feature with 4 holes

Selection of the feature highlight the 4 holes

Instead of select I wait for the quickpik to appear and....

SURPRISE SURPRISE

In the quickpik list there is the hole feature that contains the 4 holes but also is listed the single hole (the one of the four that the mouse pointer is over).

Then I can select the single hole and delete it without the need to enter the hole feature sketch and edit it.

This will save me alot of time; entering a sketch to edit in my system is something very slow.

Am I the only one not knowing about this ?

Foro 36.png

As you can see in the image above, "Foro 36" highlight a single hole, "Foro 36" is not presente in pathfinder and it is part of "Foro 18" feature

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learned earlier on Solid Edge?

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Anthony Johnson
Community Manager