Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Starting with Solid Edge sooner than I did!   (version 9)    Smiley Happy

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Re: What is the biggest time-saving trick you wish you'd have learnt earlier on Solid Edge?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@Johnson_BigMatt wrote:

Ctrl+Q = Show Hide Prev level when IPA.

This times 10 !

Sadly I think it was a few years before I knew of this.

-Craig

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Simply scrolling the mouse wheel over the ribbon to change the tab without having to actualy move the mouse to the tab and clicking it. It's a real time-saver.

I found this out when using Excel, and tried with Solid Edge - and voila! - it worked.

Builder
Builder

Use Select Manager
Keyboard shortcut: Shift + Spacebar
It is easier to choose from the list that appears.
Synchronous is even better.

Legend
Legend

CTRL + B to swap between face and part priority.

Use face priority to change part/sheetmetal and don't need to edit and go inside of it.

Hold Shift when placing parts to link a relationship in a sub assembly to something in a higher level.

Sander
The Netherlands

Gears Phenom

I note that a lot of our favorite tips are shortcuts that are more often than not shown to us in the status Prompt bar.

TIP:  Drag the Status Prompt Bar to the top of your display...  it will be more visible and you will pick up on more of these shortcuts.

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional
Solid Edge 2019 (SEEC) - Production
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Gears Phenom

get used to using the Radial Menu.

HIde the Menu Ribbon (dbl Click any tab)   this will hide the Menu Ribbon giving more design space but also hide commands.

as you need commands add them to the radial menu...   also note that hovering over the menu will expose the commands but once used the menu will collapse again!

Matt Johnson
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Johnson_BigMatt

not only to have the Status Bar on top, but I always suggest to move the Prompt Bar into the main Pathfinder area to allow a better reading of the complete prompt text.

20180713_1455.png

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Phenom

Thanks Wolfgang...   Indeed it is the "prompt bar"    not Status bar... 

Matt Johnson
NX12 (Tc Integration)
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Phenom
Phenom

You bet! The first thing I do after installing! It helps with bi-folcals too!