Solved! Go to solution

What is to be done to rotate the reference plane

I've been trying to align the reference plane. The white reference plane is ok. Just the blue is out of align. I have another part has two bases in one part. How do I move rotate,move?

http://screencast.com/t/wwVcGbQPTuTu.

I appreciate all of your help.

Thank You

6 REPLIES

Re: What is to be done to rotate the reference plane

Hi Crousie,....I managed to get your screencast image to open, after editing the link, by removing the "." period from the end.

Not totally clear on what your trying to do here....are you setting alternate ref planes up in a part?, or are you aligning a part in an assembly by/to adjusted ref planes??
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP8] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

My issue is there are two different parts on top of one another. I tried to
rebuild the part which is out of alignment... thinking it will realign.
Not!
The white base is set for 90? and the blue base is not a 90?.Notice the txt
A is not set with the other base. Could you show us how to rotate, move and
any other tricks you may have!
http://screencast.com/t/lr9Sfi0nBi
Also, on the previous question, I mentioned there is base which is in
another part. How can I move the base to the proper part.
Thank You for your time.

You say you have two parts on top of each other... Are you working in an ASM file then? How did you get the two parts on top of each other if not?

Have you gone through the Solid Edge tutorials and self-paced training? If not, I suggest you do that before continuing further as it will provide you a good foundation from which to start using Solid Edge properly.
Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Yes I do stack one part on top of one another... with a video.
http://screencast.com/t/sBuEGkctJRxE
Sorry for your inconvenience, I do not know what an ASM file is?

Off the beton path, Do you just answer questions for Solid Edge or are you
an instructor.
Thank You

OK, I see what you are doing... Thanks for the video as it is much better than the picture.

So you are in an Assembly (ASM file). Here is where the tutorials/self-paced training will help you... You are attempting to place one part in relation to another. Your first part comes in with it's origin aligned with the assembly. After that, any other part you drop in is not and Solid Edge assumes you will use assembly relationships to relate the part to any other (Assemble command).

Alternatively, if you hold the CTRL key down while dragging subsequent parts in, they will also be aligned with the assembly origin which is useful if your parts are modeled spatially correct in respect of their assembly location.

And for your beaten path question, I am neither responsible for answering questions nor an instructor. I am a CAD Administrator for a company that is also a Solid Edge customer and I attempt to help out here when I can because this is a customer driven site and it is up to us as the Solid Edge Community to help each other out as best we can.
Ken Grundey
Solution
Solution
Accepted by Grundey (Esteemed Contributor)
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

So you are in an Assembly (ASM file). Here is where the t...

So you are in an Assembly (ASM file). Here is where the tutorials/self-paced training will help you... You are attempting to place one part in relation to another. Your first part comes in with it's origin aligned with the assembly. After that, any other part you drop in is not and Solid Edge assumes you will use assembly relationships to relate the part to any other (Assemble command).

Alternatively, if you hold the CTRL key down while dragging subsequent parts in, they will also be aligned with the assembly origin which is useful if your parts are modeled spatially correct in respect of their assembly location.

Ken Grundey