Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do to make the list of materials permanently connected to the configuration

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello.

I've some dft file. Inside in this drawing I've two sheets. Booth sheets has views of the same assembly.

The only one difference beetwen this two sheet is that they have differnet configuration of this assembly.

For example:

Sheet1 - includes configuration "TURNED-PARTS"

Sheet2 - includes configuration "MILLED-PARTS"

I maked for this two sheets BOM. As you can deduce by name of configuration BOM of Sheet1 should include  only  "TURNED-PARTS". While Sheet2 should include only "MILLED-PARTS". 

In order to force this in properties of BOM table I chose  right one configuration in "LIST CONTROL" Tab.

Everything is ok. In list of materials for Sheet1 I've listed  only "TURNED-PARTS" and in list of materials of Sheet2 I've listed only parts "MILLED PARTS".

The problem starts when I'am switching beetwen this two sheets. Every trasition from Shhet1 to Sheet2 or vice versa makes that SE  in LIst of materials shows me  parts of last vieved sheet. 

Exapmple: When I'am switching from Shhet 1 to Sheet2  than in sheet2   I see list of parts from Sheet1. 

Why? What to do to make the list of materials permanently connected to the configuration?

Regards

Marcin

5 REPLIES

Betreff: What to do to make the list of materials permanently connected to the configuration

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SUCHY 

I suppose that You have not defined the second BOM as independent!

Doing so will allow You to have different Boys in parallel use.

Otherwise any change in on will be reflected in the other

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: What to do to make the list of materials permanently connected to the configuration

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello Wolfgang

I would do it if I knew how Smiley Happy So how to meke them independent?

Hi @SUCHY

the secret happens before creating the BOM indeed.

You have to click or better to say to unclick  the "Link to Current BOM" button as shown in the video:

(view in My Videos)

Then You can have different settings for any of those BOMs and the will not update each other after changing an option.

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks a lot Wolfgang. It works great

Regards

Marcin

Hi @SUCHY

if the answer is the solution for You then You can mark this answer as solution for all other forum readers with a similar request!

regards
Wolfgang