Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Siemens solid edge advance with bending simulation?

When will Siemens solid edge advance with bending simulation?

In this decade, we have seen great advances in machining, wiring, offers, .., in this powerful software.

Some years, we saw that some people made a small application on simulation of bending:

· Link_01

· Link_02

Ten years later, everyone who knows the Solid Edge bending module is waiting for an application or a module on this indispensable technology to advance its production and avoid errors in its manufacture, without the need for other independent software.

We will see this technology soon or we will have to wait another 10 years to advance in this essential world?

hqdefaultmaxresdefault

7 REPLIES 7

Betreff: When will Siemens solid edge advance with bending simulation?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Thinkingfuture 

I understand, that this issue seems important to You, although I have not understood what the real request really is, and/or a CAD software is the right to solve or maybe better a CAM software.

But anyway, I think it is not the sense of this community, to post that question in nearly every other and different thread, which have nothing to do with it.

First I thought myself, wow what happened here.

After 30 minutes ther suddenly were a dozens new post.

And this on a Sunday afternoon.

Post it on e and You will recieve an answer, post it 10 times and nobody will consider it serious.

Sorry, but this was necessary.

regards
Wolfgang

thank you and I will move this article to another more social blog following the rules of a prestigious user with almost 5000 post.

But anyway I ask you to change your point of view towards innovation and tell us your best opinion about the contents described in the article.

Best regards.

Where should I move this article ?. Should I move it to the blog area and not the forum?

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Every release of Solid Edge has brought with it new modules like Technical Publications, Requirements Management, Generative Design to name a few. These capabilities were handled by specialty software before.

But when there is enough critical mass in terms of the users who demand or will see enough sales, the module you are demanding will also make it to the mainstream program.

You may file an enhancement request or E.R. and come back here to appeal to the community to join the ER.

Then you can assess how much in demand the said module is and when it is likely to be added to Solid Edge.

Whereas ER is an official channel, this forum is primarily meant for "Users-help-Users"

Sorry, neither I or @hawcad can help you much here.

Re: When will Siemens solid edge advance with bending simulation?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

The needs of having this type of software vary greatly by users and manufacturers. 

• Are you a product manufacturer and also own the machines to manufacture? If so almost all new pressbrakes are fully programmable and have their own software that can import 3D models and assist with forming sequence.
  • Are you a product designer but dont manufacture your products but still need to be able if a design is possible? That to me involves a good relationship with your jobshop that will produce the parts, where you can send over 3D models to verify machine fitment or manufacturability, or even ways to simplify forming and design.
-Craig

Phenom
Phenom

I would be happy to see this in SE, but I am shure this won't happen.

The thing you ask is CAM, not CAD.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2020 user

Legend
Legend

Is there any CAD system out there that has what you wish for? I would think that's a far reach.

Until then, you can purchase CAM software to help your concern. There are some that will cover numerous manufacturer press brakes, and there is usually the software that comes with newer press brakes.