Where Used problem after installation of ST9 MP8

Genius
Genius

We use Built-in Data Management. Our Solid Edge files are stored on a indexed file server with the Fast Search tool installed. 

Yesterday I updated Fast Search on the file server to MP8. After that,  Where Used in SE and Design Manager still worked OK. The folders had a green icon to them to indicate they are indexed and Where Used results were fast. 

After I installed MP8 on a workstation however, the folders appeared in red and Where Used fell back to slow pre-ST9 search mode (without use of indexation). I restarted the server, rebuilt the index, reinstalled Fast Search and reregistered SEPropertyHandler.dll on both server and client. Nothing worked. Only after I rolled back the workstation to MP7 it worked OK again.

Has anyone experienced the same and is there a fix? It may have something to do with a PR that has been 'fixed' in MP8: "PR 7866968 After installation ST9 MP2 where used is still not working properly"

6 REPLIES

Betreff: Where Used problem after installation of ST9 MP8

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @vongahlen

have You worked through the script "... obsticles with Fast Search"?

When You look to the explorer, are all the SE properties available?

The only I can say is, taht I also installed MP8 and that my fast search works well here.

But this can be confirmed for a local use only - so no server at the moment

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Yes, I know and checked all steps in that guide: Getting Over Obstacles to Solid Edge Fast Search . I didn't help me out though. With MP8 installed all custom SE properties were available in Windows Explorer. It is just that SE didn't recognize the network folders as 'indexed'. As soon as I rolled the workstation with SE back to MP7, everything was fine again. I left the server at MP8.

Builder
Builder

Same problem here.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@vongahlen @Alessandro I can confirm that this has already been reported and is now a known issue in MP8. Fast Search is no longer working correctly for indexed folders on a server, and is showing indexed folders as being non-indexed or red.

This issue is already fixed in ST9 MP9.

The short term workaround is to uninstall MP8 and revert back to MP7.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this issue.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@uk_dave, is MP9 going to be fast tracked due to this regression especially given the related fixes that were in MP8 concerning Fast Search?

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@Grundey I cannot speak to the MP release schedule -- that is a question betterr posed to @LauraWatson or @JFred