Solved! Go to solution

Where Used will not find drafts

Hi,

can anybody confirm wether this is a local problem I have or a "bug" with ST9 at the moment.

I tested the new fast search capability with index under ST9 and in most cases SE will not find according drafts when making a "where used" for e.g. a part or asm.

But ther is a draft just in the same directory even with the same name

Draft could be opend, a double click opens according part but a where used will not find the draft itself

Thanks for any answers

regards
Wolfgang
46 REPLIES

Re: Where Used will not find drafts

How soon after saving the draft are you running the where used?  Since an indexer has to index new/modified files, it could take a couple minutes for those files to show up in the indexed results.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

It works just fine here. But I'm working only on a local fast machine.

Hi,

no this also could be seen for existing drafts/part files not only for new created ones.
And - I feel so - that the same couple of files might be seen on the next day while they are away the day after

For me it seems to be somehow by fortune wether they are found or not..
I also tried to seek for use a couple of times over a longer period (hour) and 9 of 10 times come out a bad result.

So for me at the moment this is something I might not trust 100%

@12GAGE
I also tested it only on a local SSD drive, not over network on server.
And I defined the indexing for certain directories only to be fast since there are not to many files for index

regards
Wolfgang

[ Edited ]

As this is using Windows Indexing, unfortunately the index can become corrupted. This happens to me quite often when my Outlook is not shutdown cleanly.

The first thing to attempt would be to rebuild your index.

1. Start menu -> Search - > type in Index
  2. From the results select "Indexing Options".
  3. In the "Indexing Options" select "Advanced".
  4. Under "Troubleshooting" select "Rebuild".

index_rebuild.png

Wait several hours…

index_status.png

You can check the status of the indexing in the "indexing Options" window -- at the top it should say "Indexing complete".

index_complete.png

If the indexing never reaches a completed status then your index is FUBAR and there are other steps needed to take in order to fix it.

As an aside, IMHO Windows Indexing will out-of-the-box index all sorts of crapola.  It would be a useful exercise for any user to review the indexing locations and clean them up.

Hi,

thanks for that info.

Sounds reasonable.

I have seen, that after chaning certain options within Solid Edge - but nothing with fast search or index - theer is coming up a message like "...themes havbe changed, have to rebuild index" , or so.

Maybe here the deeper reasons might be found.

But I always have waitied for a complete indexing.

So the "... index finished" message was here.

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad, is your OS using English or something else?  Guessing you are using the English version of SE.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Hi,

no, it is German Win 10 pro with German ST9.

regards
Wolfgang

Did this get resolved?

If not, have you by any chance registered the SEFilter.dll IFilter?

This is a manual process that you would have done based on Daves blog post.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com