Where can I increase memory for contact/glue analysis?

Creator
Creator

During simulation I get an error message: USER FATAL MESSAGE 4690 (FOCOEL) INSUFFICIENT MEMORY ALLOCATED FOR THE CONTACT/GLUE ANALYSISUSER ACTION: INCREASE MEMORY REQUEST AND RERUN.

Please help how to solve this problem!

5 REPLIES

Re: Where can I increase memory for contact/glue analysis?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi Jojo, You would be better posting this in the NX Simulation forum. If I was to take a stab at it though, I think the message is indicating you need more physical memory (RAM) in your computer.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator
Hi,
I don't think that it is the problem because I have 8 gb RAM and the assmebly is not complex at all.

Joanna Jochymek

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Even though its an NX Nastran error, this is coming from Solid Edge (we use NX Nastran for the solve). I think it is probably a valid "don't have enough memory" message. 8 GB is not very much if you are running FEA. I would set your mesh size very coarse and try running it again. This will take less memory and at least see if that is the issue.

Grundey:  Moving this comment as the Answer.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Answer provided by DCSTAPLES, moving it as the Answer   E...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Answer provided by DCSTAPLES, moving it as the Answer

Even though its an NX Nastran error, this is coming from Solid Edge (we use NX Nastran for the solve). I think it is probably a valid "don't have enough memory" message. 8 GB is not very much if you are running FEA. I would set your mesh size very coarse and try running it again. This will take less memory and at least see if that is the issue.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Hello!, This was a problem with ST5 SIMULATION that ran a...

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello!,

This was a problem with ST5 SIMULATION that ran an old version of NX NASTRAN, but ST6 SIMULATION is based in modern NX NASTRAN V8.5 MP1 and this problem is improved. In any case, the problem is related with the RAM memory associated to the NX NASTRAN job, by default ST6 SIMULATION use nastran keyboard "Memory=1100MB", so simply modify your study and enter MEM=4GB in the NX NASTRAN Command Line Options, and you are done!.

mem4gb.png

By the way, you need to have enough RAM memory to solve contact problems, this is Finite Element Analysis, not drafting, you need a machine with a modern OS x64 like Windows 7 or 8 and minimum 4 GB RAM, and better 8 GB and the target 32 GB RAM, of course!.

Best regards,

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/