White screen and error on save PCF

Creator
Creator

Recently got ST8 started on a new machine, it is the first on Windows 10 that we have.  I am unable to save PCF files from View and Markup.  Once I hit save in the dialog, the screen turns white, I have access to click on all of the buttons (it's not thinking about anything), and when I try to close it generates an error:

"iCnct:  The RPC server is unavailable."

Note that we are also using Insight.

At the same time I get this error, I can upload/check-in files from Solid Edge without issues.  Additionally, other users on our network have no issue with uploading PCFs.

WIndows is up to date with latest patches (version 1703), and ST8 maintenance pack 12 is installed on Solid Edge.

I am afraid that this is all a Windows 10 thing, which would be dissapointing, considering that the patch notes from maintenance pack 12 specifically state that Windows 10 is supported.

error.PNG

1 REPLY

Re: White screen and error on save PCF

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Might want to contact GTAC or your VAR if you are on maintenance.  Can't say I've heard of this issue before and we are running lots of Windows 10 here with no issues but we do not use Insight nor do we create PCFs.

One thing to check is to see if the older .NET 3.5 feature is turned on in Windows 10.  Go to Control Panel (Windows+X), Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3