Why Can't I Draw This Line

[ Edited ]

I am trying to extrude a section and want the line to follow the existing profile. I create and start and end point and then try to create the middle point, but it keeps making that high pitched bong and won't complete. It worked fine on the other side. 

(view in My Videos)

While I'm at it, why can't I move this point? I try grabbing the point, the straight line, the curved line, nothing seems to really do it. I'm trying to keep the upper line aligned to the existing edge, the lower curve concentric to it, and the two pionts vertically aligned. 

(view in My Videos)

2 REPLIES

Re: Why Can't I Draw This Line

Well I assume you're using ST6 or earlier. And YES this has been a problem in those releases. However ST7 has made uge strides in improving "point control" to allow this to work as you desire.  Watch here: http://screencast.com/t/DGTRT4J6nEz

But in your specific case I would use the "Include" (Project to Sketch) command to grab all the exiting lines needed.

Hope that helps

Bob

Re: Why Can't I Draw This Line

[ Edited ]

Bob, that works great, thanks very much!

I re-uploaded the second video, although I managed to move the point once I redid the smaller radius using Project to Sketch. 

I still find it illogical for the line rather than the point to light up when trying to move a point. I know the little stick appears but it's visually cluttered and confusing.