Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I move my sketch profile in one direction whereas I can on the other one

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I'm french and my english isn't good so appologize for approximations.

I'm new at SE and would like to know why can't I move the profile as I want using the link/bind tool (it works only on Y direction)?

Is there any other tool to move a profile ?

Thank you for your answers

7 REPLIES

Re: Why can't I move my sketch profile in one direction whereas I can on the other one

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

It looks like you have a horizontal/vertical relationship between your sketch and something on the model. Try deleting this and then you should be able to move your sketch. 

Capture.JPG

Re: Why can't I move my sketch profile in one direction whereas I can on the other one

Experimenter
Experimenter

It is a desired relationship.

It gives the good position of the profile on Y direction.

I would like to move the profile on X direction but whatever I do, the profile moves only on Y direction.

I still have tried your solution but my problem isn't solved.

TY for the answer

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Seems like it should easily move in the X. Could you upload a video of your attempt?

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Why can't I move my sketch profile in one direction whereas I can on the other one

Hi @Supraim

agreeing with @bshand and @bweisenberger  with that horizontal realtion to the mid point of Your sketch line and the fixed dimension, only a movement in X is possible.

Now the question will be, how are You trying to move the sketch, maybe here the secret will be found.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Why can't I move my sketch profile in one direction whereas I can on the other one

Hi @Supraim

and BTW I think tehre are to much relations on Your geometry anyway.

So many equal realtions where the are already equal with the horizontal and vertical relations.

My suggestion here will be to reduce it to an absoluteley minimum number of realtions to keep it fixed and fast

Here is what I mean:

20180308_1758.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
I'll reduce those relations
thank you for the tip

Hi @Supraim

great, but were You able to move the sketch now as You wanted?

regards
Wolfgang