Solved! Go to solution

Why do I have check every view when updating a configuration

I use  a lot of view configurations when creating assembly drawings.  The problem is when I change a configuration in the model, I have to go to every view that uses it, open the properties dialogue, go to display, hit the check button then update the view - over and over and over.  If I have "match" already checked, why is it necessary to check it again?  SE should automatically do this and put the gray box around the view ready for me to hit the update button.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjoiner
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Why do I have check every view when updating a configuration

There is a switch for this:

SE Button

- SE Options

-- General Tab

--- 3/4 of the way down, put a check next to "Assembly configuration changes make drawing - --- views out of date in the draft file"

That should take care of the problem.

HTH,

Bob Henry

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

Thanks Bob,

That should save a lot of time.  I wonder why that setting is not the default?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

No idea why it is not default. This switch was not always there. I can't recall what version it came in, but it was a pretty long time ago, maybe the early teens?

Bob

Bob Henry
Former Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

I believe it is is a performance issue. We have this option turned on in the template we use for parts explosions (config based) and turned off in our main template (normally not config based.)

Jason

I think the SE guys are also careful to make sure that when they add new stuff that changes a behavior such as this, that change is not introduced by default as it may negatively effect a workflow that some people may have.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10