Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why does Fast Search / Where Used present me with this message?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sometimes (like today) i get this message appear when using Where Used. Does anyone with experience with it have any idea behind the cause?

Note, Fast Search was working fine last week, so all configuration files, indexing etc has been correct.

There haven't been any changes in the office, we outsource our IT which is managed externally - i'm not sure what maintenance or scheduling they run on our server that may cause any issues?

Any ideas? I've obviously asked our IT help, but they're not Solid Edge proficient. We also have Solid Edge support if require but they can take a while to get to our tickets, so thought i'd ask here first see if it's a problem others have had before.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why does Fast Search / Where Used present me with this message?

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi,

This message generally means either the selected network location isn't indexed (or is still indexing) on your network drive, or Solid Edge can't detect that it's indexed.

There were a few issues prior to ST10 MP4 and ST9 MP12 which meant Solid Edge couldn't detect a valid index - if you're running maintenance packs prior to this, I'd strongly suggest upgrading both your client and the fast search utility on the server (there is a separate pack for this).

Note that if you upgrade to ST10 MP7/8 (not sure which), you will be able to run a built in diagnostics utility on the server which will help you autoimatically fix these issues - it can be found under C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST10\Program\BuiltInDiagApp.exe.

OnePLM - Siemens Platinum Business Partner
http://majentaplm.com/

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi @StarkPLM,

Since posting this morning I've figured out how to resolve the issue without understanding what caused it.

I'd say it was the latter of Solid Edge being unable to detect that it's indexed if i was to guess; what caused that I don't know.

What fixed the issue was re-registering the SEPropertyHandler.dll. So now i've created a little batch file to use if it happens again.

I'll make sure everything is up to date with regards to client and fast search, thanks!

For future reference if anyone finds this post through a google, the batch file code is:

cd "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST10\Program"

regsvr32 /s SEPropertyHandler.dll

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Nice! Smiley Happy

There was a known issue which I reported for the SEPropertyhandler.dll deregistering, this is thought to have been fixed in the latest MP's though.

The aforementioned BuiltinDiagApp.exe will also detect and fix the SEPropertyhandler.dll deregister issue as well, for anyone who isn't confident with using command prompt.
OnePLM - Siemens Platinum Business Partner
http://majentaplm.com/