Why does this error happen?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I have a very weird error in Assmebly file.

I attached a screen-capture, and as it shows, right after I tried to assemble motor core to motor shaft with Mate command, all of assembled parts showed relasionship confliction.

The reason I use mate commad to assemble the motor core with motor shaft is becasue these two parts have a slit on their surface, so I want to connect them by using mate command.

(Now you cannot see the slit on motor shaft, but it is hidden behind of the shaft.)

I'm sure that there should not be any confliction between these parts.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

mutyo051026

4 REPLIES

Hard to tell what went wrong, but if you look in your "C:...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hard to tell what went wrong, but if you look in your "C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Custom" folder, you should see a folder called AsmRelDoctor.  Navigate to the "bin" folder and run the exe while you have that assembly open.  It will work for a few minutes and you will see stuff changing in Pathfinder, just be patient as it will eventually come up with a message in your status bar that it is complete.  It will supress the offending relationships that are causing the issue and then you can repair from there.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Re: Hard to tell what went wrong, but if you look in your "C:...

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you for your advice. Finally I could fix this problem. I have to say sorry to you because I had one relationship conflict in my assembly. This was the cause of this issue.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Is there documentation on what the various items in the Custom folder are intended for?

Some are obvious, others not.

Gary 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

No, the folder was indended to house VB examples for folks who customize SE, but some useful utilities were added and so now there is a mix.  I believe they all have a README file associated with them that states the intent of that application.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3