Why to change a hole diameter in ordered it takes 7 mouse clicks?

Genius
Genius

Using ordered modelling it takes approx 7 mouse clicks to change the diameter of a hole, is there a quick way to do this? In the syncro environment it's far easier but for the type of modelling I do the syncronous technology dosen't work, because intersecting holes cannot be pulled apart, which is vital to the design process workflow that is used.

Any help on this would be great!

39 REPLIES

Re: Why to change a hole diameter in ordered it takes 7 mouse clicks?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Hi there, Why not use a circle cut out instead, then just right click and choose edit definition to alter the placed dimensions.
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP1] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Genius
Genius
Unfortunately I am tied into using the hole command as the the hole table is utilized to show the hole depths c'bore information, and using the cut command does not include a drill point option and would not be accurate enough in this case. Thanks for your effort Sean!

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend
FYI,

Depending on your need - and other restriction of your model - You can separate intersecting holes such as in a manifold block.

to do so you need 1st detach the hole, then move it and then re attach it...

not idea but might help you out a bit
Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

are you using dynamic edit?   sound slike you must be edi...

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

are you using dynamic edit?

sound slike you must be editing the profile.

Try dynamic edit - should save some clicks

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

Re: are you using dynamic edit?   sound slike you must be edi...

Genius
Genius
Yes, using dynamic edit it takes approx 7 mouse clicks to chnage hole diameter, the hole length/depth can be change much more easily, but not the diameter! Thanks M johnson for your efforts!

Easiest way to do this quickly is through the Variable Ta...

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Easiest way to do this quickly is through the Variable Table.  The Hole sizes for each group of holes will be listed and can be changed by typing new values into the cells.  Best of all you can leave VT up while your modeling.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Re: Easiest way to do this quickly is through the Variable Ta...

Genius
Genius

Hi Grundey, tried the variable table before there seemed to be no way to find the correct entry by selecting the various features on the model, therefore it's almost impossible to find the item on the variable table, it maybe ok for small models but trying to find one hole in thousands is a needle in a haystack, thanks for your input.

Genius
Genius

Hi M Johnson, I've tried this although breifly in the past and again just to be certain I basically could not detach, I just get an error saying the solution is invalid, still this is a very combersome way to produce models. I appreciate your efforts on this, but I am begining to loose hope that there is a solution available. I'm not an expert but i think some custom programming may be the only way to try and speed this up, quite frustrating as it only takes 2 clicks in syncro.

Genius
Genius

I Have looked at the ST7 re-hash of the hole command, does anybody know if it still requires multiple mouse clicks to adjust hole diameter or has this been improved??