Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would a BOM miss parts off?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

Hopefully an easy answer to this one.

I'm using a BOM created from a Parts List table, which encapsulates all parts, sheet metal files, assemblies and weldments - which normally works perfectly, however in one example it is excluding parts. Does anyone know why this might happen?

Further details:

- Exploded List, Multiply by Sub Assembly Count, Expand Weldment Sub Assemblies Used

- All parts are shown in the model, and all are set to "Include" on the part list properties

- I've tried creating configurations to show all parts and using this in the Parts List

- I've gone through the isometric view the parts list table comes from, and made sure everything is shown as "Show".

Probably an important detail - the parts that are missing are bought in items we have dragged into the model. One or two of them appear, however some don't.

These could be added manually I suppose, but it takes away the entire point of automation if it can't be relied upon.

These parts will be shown in their individual assembly drawings so will be picked up, but ideally i'd like them to be picked up at BOM creation.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why would a BOM miss parts off?

Phenom
Phenom
Could you elaborate more on "the parts that are missing are bought in items we have dragged into the model".

What have you done differently when adding these parts to the assembly compared to any other part?

Re: Why would a BOM miss parts off?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

"the parts that are missing are bought in items we have dragged into the model" means they are CAD files we have received from an external company that has been placed into the model instead of parts we have modelled ourselves.

Nothing has been done differently, they are part of a sub-assembly within the master assembly. 

Betreff: Why would a BOM miss parts off?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @User_Error

as so often, to have more than a description would make it easier, but there are a few possibilities that will take elements out of Your BOM:

• in assembly occurancy properties those parts are marked as "Do not Show in BOM
  • as You mentioned, if there is a setting to list ony visible parts in BOM and those parts are not visible, ...
  • if they are not visible and they are imported parts, maybe they are ony surface/construction bodies, whcih are not shown in view therefore, and see previous point, ...

Provide pictures, or better the assembly with the draft, and ...

regards
Wolfgang