Solved! Go to solution

Work in synchronous .par V .x_t(parasolid) format

Hello everyone,
I have a question for you:

I made a comparison with the same file saved in two different formats: .par and .x_t (parasolid)

Working in synchronous, in par files I have many featuere in pathfinder, including some holes and threads, in x_t (parasolid) I have only bodyfeature in pathfinder...

If i try to edit the holes and threads by using the steering wheel, the par file responds much more slowly than when I try to make the same process in x_t (parasolid)

Are there a particular reason?

Alex

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlexLelli
‎06-10-2016 04:45 AM

Re: Work in synchronous .par V .x_t(parasolid) format

[ Edited ]

You are dealing with a imported data vs. a CAD specific format. I would expect the CAD specific file to operate a bit slower since it has the overhead of the CAD features. The Parasolid is only going to have shape information to deal with. That is until you save the file as .par file.
Can you be more precise on your definition of "slowly" are we talking seconds, minutes, or blinks of an eye?

Thank you for your reply,

Actually we are doing some "experiments" to optimize the workflow, the x_t file was exported from the par (created by Solid Edge with the syncronous tech method) for testing the speed of editing in both formats.

Really is not much difference in the editing of two files, the par file lags of 5-6 seconds over the x_t.

I know it's not much difference, i only do it to optimize the workflow.

Thanks

Alex

Some features like Holes and Threads have intelligence that contain additional relationships that get added to the mix when Live Rules calculates a move.  All that is gone when you output to X_T and bring it back in and only Live Rules comes into play then...

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10