XT File Open Edge Start..

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello edge users ..
There are several ParaSolid files in the Windows folder.
Double-clicking the file will open the file with the edge running.
However, when you double click another file, the edge is executed again and the file is opened.
This problem ...
Can not you have only one edge running?

5 REPLIES

Re: XT File Open Edge Start..

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Hclee,

It might be a solution similar to this post [I don't know for sure]......but would obviously relate to the ".X_T" file type.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/How-stop-new-windows-opening-when-d...

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

For Parasolid it will be slightly different.

Copy this content into a text file and save it with the .reg file extension.  Then double-click on the .reg file to install it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.x_t]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_t]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.x_t]
@="SolidEdge.PartDocument"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_t]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_t\OpenWithList]
"a"="Edge.exe"
"MRUList"="a"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_t\OpenWithProgids]
"SolidEdge.PartDocument"=hex(0):

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.x_b]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_b]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.x_b]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_b]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_b\OpenWithList]
"a"="Edge.exe"
"MRUList"="a"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.x_b\OpenWithProgids]

P.S.  Be careful of the automatic word wrapping in the above block.  Anything between square brackets [] should be on a single line.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you both.
I made it into a Reg file and included it.
I was able to get what I wanted from the past.
Can I change the STEP file extension? ..
Thank you again.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Here is the STEP file version...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.stp]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.stp]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.stp]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.stp]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.stp\OpenWithList]
"a"="Edge.exe"
"MRUList"="a"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.stp\OpenWithProgids]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.step]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.step]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.step]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.step]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.step\OpenWithList]
"a"="Edge.exe"
"MRUList"="a"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.step\OpenWithProgids]

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think I was really good at asking questions.
I've been looking for a long time.
Happy day ^^