Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xpress route round to nearest tube flat length

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I have an assembly with a bunch of xpress route generated wires.  

I use the property text " %{Tube Flat Length|G}" to have a parts list automatically list the length for me. (attached image shows my property text)

Unfortuntaly it shows the length to unnecessary precision, to 0.01mm. (attached image shows various lengths 148.66mm, 201.73mm, 104.42mm)
Realistically the lengths only have to be within a couple mm of that value.  (to nearest 1mm:149, 202, 104, or even nearest 5mm:150, 200, 105 )

Does anyone know if there anything I can do to round off these automatically generated lengths?

Thanks,

-Greg

wire length_1.PNGwire length_2.PNG

4 REPLIES

Re: Xpress route round to nearest tube flat length

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

There are options.

The FIX(X) formula will round things to whole number. You could also display less digits with /NU switch.

Creator
Creator

12GAGE, 

This looks promising.  But I don't understand the syntax. 

Where am I putting FIX(X), or /NU into :  "%{Comments|G} %{Tube Flat Length|G}"    ??

Is there some resource that can show me all the possible forumlas I can use with property texts?

And how to write them out properly?

Thanks,

-Greg

Phenom
Phenom

"%{Comments|G} %{Tube Flat Length/NU|G}" will remove the unit display (has to be upper case)

"%{Comments|G} %{Tube Flat Length/@0|G}" will remove all decimal places

"%{Comments|G} %{Tube Flat Length/NU/@0|G}" will do both.

Don't know about the use of FIX.

Look for Property Text Format Codes in Help -

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help#uid:xid1129777:xid1325276:xid1325279:ind...Smiley Tongue

We really need a round up or round down qualifier for tube and frame.

Edit: Don't know why there's a smiley in there - must be something in the path for the help file. 

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

Creator
Creator

Thanks guys.  This was a big help and is good enough for my purposes.

I realized later that 'format' in the parts list properties menu under the columns  becomes available when you click inside one of the callouts in the property text dialog box and this gives you a user interface for some of these options.

wire length_3.PNG