Zombie in assembly

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi everyones,

I'm working on an assembly file that acts in a strange way, what I mean is that, one of the part file is displayed incorrectly, when I view the assembly it makes me see this part with a form (I think it was the shape of an old version of par) but if I open this part,it makes me see in his correct form.

I tried to update and check for errors with the commands of the Tools menu, group assistant,

I also tried to replace par with a copy of itself renamed with revision manager, but at the opening of the assembly continues to display the par with another form.

I tried to delete the cfg file and reopen the assembly but did not work.

I tried deleting the assembly feature,I tried to edit the par in question and re-save it, none of these things work.

The only way is delete the par and insert it again but in this way I lose all links.

Has anyone ever experienced this thing ???

8 REPLIES

Re: Zombie in assembly

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

the problem that you see in the Assembly Level is that you have some "Assembly Features"!

Assembly features are active just in Assembly Level...

That's why you don't see any more the changes that you have made.

Yasser

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

I deleted the assembly feature then saved and re-open the file, and now all right.

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Seems like a bug, not a problem with your workflow.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Did you try a Recompute on the feature?
snip_20160531083024.png

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Pioneer
Pioneer

Sorry for my lag,

I try to recompute the "group" of the assembly feature and every single assembly feature without results,

the only thing that seems to work is delete the assembly feature, save, close, and re-open the file.

I'll try to exorcise Smiley Happy

Thanks

Phenom
Phenom

There is a bug/problem in ST7 with Assembly features that is still present in ST8.

I reported it weeks ago.

We've had all kinds of problems with them, but never found a real solution.

We use the function quite a bit because our work involves modifications to existing items - cutting panels, adding holes etc. If you have a part with a pattern of holes in it and then make an assembly cut that encompasses some of the holes there is a good chance that the assembly feature will work first time, but will later fail to recompute. The only way we have found to correct it is to go back and redefine the assembly feature. Update All Links (Alt + U) doesn't (usually) work.

I will post the PR number if I can get it.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Phenom
Phenom

The video below shows an example of the error - there should be 2 holes through this panel but the feature has failed. The pathfinder doesn't show any error until you go and edit the feature - then it shows as failed.

Go back and edit the feature again and it recomputes correctly.

(view in My Videos)

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000

Phenom
Phenom

PR number 7680854 if anyone interested.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000