Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom all - but not that!

Phenom
Phenom

In attachment a "part" I use a lot for reference.

When I use this in an assembly it becomes really bad.

Because there is a constraint far far away the "zoom all" zooms out until this (not visible) constraint is on the screen. 

That's not good, but also the 3D mouse takes the centre for navigating between the real drawing and this constraint, so even touching the mouse a little bit the drawing flies all over the place...

Any idea how to solve this?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2020 user
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Zoom all - but not that!

Legend
Legend

I can't open your file, but I've had similar issue when some silly goose makes a part and has the reference planes way out in space, rather than create that part on the reference planes.

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi @Joris

If you Edit Profile for Sketch1, the line pointed by the arrow in the image below is actually an arc and not a line whose center is constrained to some invisible geometry. The radius is 52k or something.

ArcNotLine.png

Hope this gives you hints to resolve the issue

ArcNotLine2.png

Regards,

Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

I know, that's an arc, next to an other arc.

We make theatre seats. It is impossible to draw the complete theatre in SE, so I draw 2 or 3 chairs. The attached part is there for me to simulate the different radius for each row. So this arc is the step of a theatre row.

That's not the problem.

The problem is the constraint (concentric). I just deleted this and replaced it by a 'tangent' constraint. Same result for the sketch, but perfect for navigating.

So now, in this case, the problem is solved, but for me, it doesn't make sence SE keeps invisible constraints on screen.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge 2019 & AutoCAD 2020 user

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Duh!

All the research in vain Smiley Sad

Sorry buddy, no clues how to overcome this.