Zooming with touchpad vs mouse vs touch screen on Surface 3

Hello,

I noticed that the keyboard touch pad behavior seems opposite of the touch screen and mouse wheel:

Touch screen: pinch - zoom out, stretch - zoom in

Touch pad:  pinch - zoom in, stretch, zoom out

Mouse wheel:  roll away - zoom out, roll toward - zoom in

If I select "reverse zoom directions", then the touch screen and touch pad work the same, but the mouse works opposite.

In other programs such as Excel and Word, the pinch and stretch work the same for both the touch pad and the screen so it seems to be a Solid Edge issue

Is there another setting I'm missing?  Has anyone else with a Surface noticed this behavior?  

Kyle 

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
3 REPLIES

Re: Zooming with touchpad vs mouse vs touch screen on Surface 3

Kyle,

I notice the same behavior you describe.

I never even knew about the touchpad pinch/stretch option.  Would never think to use that considering touchscreen is more logical or use 3D connexion device.

I think the default of touchscreen pinch = zoom out and stretch = zoom in is the most logical and consistent amongst other devices like an IPad, for instance.

Kevin

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Hi Kevin,

I never tried the touch pad until today - the touchscreen works very well.  I've never been a fan of touch pads in general.  I'm trying out an Arc Mouse and it works pretty well.  On my main workstation, I use a SpaceMouse Pro and it is really the only way to go for me.  It's so efficient and easy to use.  I do really like the abilities of the Surface touchscreen to interact with the SE model.  You guys have done a great job getting SE to work with the Surface.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hi Kyle,

Yes, I see this too [for the few times I use the type cover]....AND is the same on other laptops [not Surface, but are touch screen] here & at home units....wonder if there's an application specific setting somewhere.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10