activate command has ceased working in assemblies

Phenom
Phenom

A few minutes ago out of knowhere the activate command has quit working for me in assemblies. It doesn't seem to matter how or when I use it, from within a command, by right clicking the part I'm wanting to activate, or by selecting activate from the home tab without any other command active, it just will not activate any parts for me. The only way I've managed to get them active is by editing the part in place, then backing out of it and the part will then be active. Here's a video showing this behavior, never posted a vid here before, hope it works. I'm currently running ST8 mp8 on windows 7.

(view in My Videos)

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
3 REPLIES

Re: activate command has ceased working in assemblies

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Did you exit and reenter SE or reboot to see if the problem remains?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

In general, I have to reboot about  every 3 or 4 hours of Solid edge use. Once the VId card runs out of memory because of memory leaks in the Nvidia drivers, the vid card runs out of gas. At that point many functions inside SE stop working, at least graphically.

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, this issue persists after rebooting. It's been logged with GTAC and they said a fix might not be on the first maintenence pack but should be on MP2 at least.

Oh wait, this was a different question than the one I thought it was. This issue was resolved after rebooting the pc.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"