adding 2d drawing files while doing revision manager

Hi all

I have a issue. when i am doing revision manger i can add only assy 2d draft document but how to add child parts 2d drawings. Attached image for reference in that no 2d drawings attached for part files

4 REPLIES

Re: adding 2d drawing files while doing revision manager

Select the files you want to find drafts for then Tools > Assistants > Where Used.

On the form that appears you can select the locations to search and whether to include/exclude sub-folders.

The Process Options button will let you restrict the file types to search for.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

I have been told you must pick the top level assembly, and not the draft, to open revision manager and get all the involved drafts to work properly.
ST8 MP9
Go FAST, or go home.

I think you can open RM from the draft and have it search on anything in the tree underneath it. It does the search on the files you've highlighted, not the top level file. Be sure you have the correct directories listed in the search path. That is my usual mistake.
Using SE since V12, 2002

The new design manager makes that process much much easier. You can now start with a draft, get the assembly and parts, then also add any other draft files associated with the assembly or any parts.

I never could get that working with the old revision manager where you copied a collection of related files including multiple drafts.