arrow and wheel for coincident plane, part and assemlby

Pioneer
Pioneer

If I creat a coincident plane in part environment and in assembly environment, I can drag, move, rotate my plane in part environment only but not in assembly. Can you please suggest solution for that? thank you!

5 REPLIES

Re: arrow and wheel for coincident plane, part and assemlby

you are refering to sync manipulation of planes in part which is not availible in assy...   hopefully that should say  not availible YET!!!   as I too hope for that ability!!!

Phenom
Phenom

I use the plane method of editing extancivy. But I think I'n one of the few who do.

What I do is start out with aseembly planes. I then create assembly driven parts. The sketches for the parts are on the assembly planes, and the sketches them selves are created by projecting other planes. Then end result is stuff that is fully adjusted by the planes.

There are also some costs for working this way.

Ordered only

Cant use family of parts

Must use revision manager to move the group of files together and maintain links

Any object or plane used to control a sketch can never be removed

(view in My Videos)

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

12GAGE, this is what your posts look like to me...

2014-08-18_16-38-19.png

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Phenom
Phenom

Many of my Vid's downt show up. I will get youtube when I can. This forum is the only thing I do besides creation of CAD system from scratch.

MLombard
Retired

The service used by the community site for video has acknowledged some difficulties. I will keep you informed when this is corrected.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.