Solved! Go to solution

asm created in ST6 now has some parts showing up blue in ST7

So I have only been working with ST7 for a  couple of days. I opened an asm that was created in ST6 and a couple of parts are shown blue.  The parts are accurate when opened individually and don't seem to have any relationship errors. Why are they blue?

8 REPLIES

Re: asm created in ST6 now has some parts showing up blue in ST7

Is it only you at the company or other folks also? We don't ever color anything blue to indicate anything. It seems more likely someone else has "painted" them blue at the assembly level and the file got saved that way.

Select the part. Go to the Tools tab on the ribbon and go to the Faces Style pulldown. My bet is it says "Blue". If so, just change it to "none" and the display in ASM will now be the same as it is in Part.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

I am the only one with Solid Edge. When the individual part is opened, all appears normal. And in the assmbly there are even two of the same part, one is blue - the other is not. See attached. 

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author michele
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

OK. Like I say, the only way I know for this to be true is via color overrides in the ASM. Select the blue one and follow my instructions above and let us know the result. 

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

I don't have a Tools/Faces Styles pulldown but I do know how to use View/Part Painter. So I opened the part (again showed as it should steel grey), color selected as "none" and "body", clicked on part and saved. Went back to the asm and appears as it should. Problem solved but I still don't understand why they were blue in asm and not individually.

Now I did notice a connection between all the parts that were blue, they all have asm driven holes. May be just a coincidence, but interesting just the same.

Ok, so I did just find my Faces Styles (in View) and I remember playing around in it shortly after getting ST7, so I must have changed something without realizing it. Smiley Frustrated 

Thanks for your help!

[ Edited ]

Without seeing your setup it is hard to tell, but one possibility might be that you have the 'Use Solid Edge Options color settings' set in the Color Manger (on the View tab). In ST7, the Active part color was changed to blue because the Parts Library uses the Active part color to display the live preview and the previous color was often difficult to see in the preview. So your assembly probably has active parts in it since they are blue.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Dan, I've actually seen the same thing up through the beta. Occasionally when opening an assembly, some parts would show up blue. Had nothing to do with active/inactive, and my Color Manager is set to use individual part styles. Closing and restarting the Solid Edge instance made this go away, but I could never predict when it would show up and never submitted it.

When ST7 loads a larger assembly, I also have a split second upon load in where the entire assembly is displayed in blue, and all the coordinate systems are turned on, before it refreshes to the correct view settings. Larger assemblies hang a bit longer and this is easier to see. This did not happen prior to ST7 for me.

-Dylan Gondyke

I've had some pieces of hardware turn blue.  These are parts I created - not ones in the standard parts library.  I think the material selection may have something to do with it.  It's not a big issue for me since it's just single parts.  I have not had an entire assembly behave they way yours has.  That sounds like something bigger.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1