blank "Cut Length" in draft parts lis

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, 

Can someone tell me why the "Cut Length" in my Parts List is empty? I've added an assembly of parts into my draft and made the parts list around this. However the cut length is not populated. Through looking around i see you perhaps are meant to have your parts/assemblies in the "Teamcenter" but my ST5 Academic version doesn't seem to have this. 

How can i get a correct cut length values for my parts? Also, can you expand assemblies in the list? to get their indiviudal cut lengths, weights?

thanks

oman

4 REPLIES

Re: blank "Cut Length" in draft parts lis

Phenom
Phenom

I had the same problem at one point. here is the procedure.

1. make sheet metal part

2. make flat pattern

3. go into your variables for the flat pattern, expose (check box) the flat pattern cut length X & Y

4. now your cut lengths will show up.

Note: Even if your part has no bends (like a simple rectangle), you still have to create a flat pattern and expose variables to make the cut lenghs show up.

The next battle is the BOM and lables for details. 

this is what I use to "Annotate" my sheet metal details:

%{File Name (no extension)|GP}: %{Title|GP} %{Mass|GP}
%{Gage|GP} x %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeX/CP|G} x %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeY/CP|G}

And here are my colums for the BOM

ITEM: %{Item Number|G}

QTY: %{Quantity|G}

GAGE: %{Gage|G}

CUT1: %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeX/CP|G}

CUT2: %{Flat_Pattern_Model_CutSizeY/CP|G}

PART: %{Document Number|G}

NAME: %{Title|G}

#/EACH: %{Mass (Item)|G}

And then I annotate at the bottom of the #/each column to give total weight with: %{Mass|R1}

To make all this work out I have to fill in the title and Document # for each piece of sheet metal.

Phenom
Phenom
Is there any way to avoid manually having to expose those cut size variables for every sheet metal detail you make
-Dylan Gondyke

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Are you talking about exposing the variables in the PSM file?  If so, set them in your template and all new parts will have them exposed.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks Ken. I'll have to write up a macro to do this for all the parts in some of my old larger assemblies. 

-Dylan Gondyke