Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

break links comman does not work?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a part in an assembly with a few links to other parts in the assembly.

The "Break Link" command simply does not work, whether I try to break all the links at once, or whether I try to break them individually.  It doesn't seem to have any affect; the link still remains after I have tried to break it.

The only work around that I've been able to use is to edit the sketch and delete the dimension or relationship itself...which only works when I am able to find the link or relationship.  It is quite frustrating having to delete almost all the driving dimensions and relationships trying to find the one that links to another part.

I have tried both in the list of links, as well as trying to delete the link with RMB on the individual feature.

Am I doing something wrong?  I've tried it from different assemblies including the in-context assembly, with parts active or not, and I can't seem to get it to work.

Any help is appreciated!

3 REPLIES

Betreff: break links comman does not work?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @sheetmetal

I would suppose the break link command working from part upwards too.

But what I am normally using is the break link function in assembly, allowing me to break the link of several subparts.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: break links comman does not work?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @sheetmetal

what I believe to remember is, that it might be necessary to save the file before seeing the result or to update it at least.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: break links comman does not work?

Legend
Legend

Are you trying to break the links within the assembly, or the component opened by itself? I find that if I try to do it within the assembly level, sometimes it doesn't work. I've never had a problem breaking links if I open the component alone though.