calculate mass in assy

I don't use this often but today i needed to. I have this assembly that i need to calculate the mass of certain components, lower for example. i hide all the parts i don't want in the calculation. i then choose inspect. I noticed it calculated the whole assy. I thought at one time you could just  calculated what shown. has this changed?

3 REPLIES

Re: calculate mass in assy

Try windowing the selection first then going to physical properties.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

TDB wrote:

I don't use this often but today i needed to. I have this assembly that i need to calculate the mass of certain components, lower for example. i hide all the parts i don't want in the calculation. i then choose inspect. I noticed it calculated the whole assy. I thought at one time you could just  calculated what shown. has this changed?

It is not based on display state. If you want the mass of just certain components, you need to select the components before running the Physical Properties command. It will then show the results for just the selected components.

Hope this helps,

Greg

thanks all. remeber that while sitting at home last night. but, at one wasn't just visable parts? long a go