Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't start revision manager (ST8)

Genius
Genius

Hi, I'm having trouble starting the revision manager (st8).

When I right click a file in explorer and choose to open it in revision manager I get an error saying:

iCnct A valic license could not be obtained. Note that Remote Desktop Licensing is not supported. Contact your system administrator to obtain a license.

contradicting this message: I'm not running any RDP or VPN and have a Premium SE license in use.

I have uninstalled SE, cleared the registry of anything 'Unigraphic Solutions' related and cleared everything SE related in %appdata%, runned the SeCleanUp tool and reinstalled. To rule out any licensing problems I borrowed the license from our server. all to no avail.

I contacted our reseller and they are not familiar with this problem, so no help from their side.

I'm running ST8 with MP12 on a Windows 10 Pro system.

I don't have teamcenter/insight installed (nor anyother form of PDM for SE).

Does anyone have a clue on how I can resolve this?

Maarten Elings | Engineer
3 REPLIES 3

Re: can't start revision manager (ST8)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@MaartenEl I seem to remember an issue discussed similar to this where Insight Connect (Revision Manager) thought it was a stand alone SESP client and thus needed a license.  You may want to search on this forum for the discussion.  I do not remember the solution or the root issue.

@uk_dave , do you remember what was the cause of this?

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Betreff: can't start revision manager (ST8)

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @MaartenEl 

could it be, that You are remotely logged in to another computer, and the license You are using is a node locked license there?

Since then the answer will be: "This is the reason!"

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: can't start revision manager (ST8)

Genius
Genius

Hi @hawcad ,

I wish that was the case, but no i'm not running through any form of RDP or VPN.

Additionally, i tried disabling my anti-virus but with no luck.

Maarten Elings | Engineer