Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consistently changing MULTI COLOR SKETCH DISPLAY so i can see it on a white back ground

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

generaly i like working with a white back ground. the problem i run into is being able to see it. every time i open a new file i need to select the sketch in the tree and right clip to pick multi color option. this get tiredsome ever time i need a sketch. Now working with 3D sketches, it seems to not have that option to change to multi color. Does anyone know a solution to this? I wish to be able to see my sketches while they are turned on.......

Nathan M. Gardner

https://www.etsy.com/people/NathanMGardner

Be sure to check out my work!!
Made in Maine Wood Carvings

5 REPLIES

Betreff: consistently changing MULTI COLOR SKETCH DISPLAY so i can see it on a white back ground

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ngardner

OK, my first thoughts were, that there should be a color option to set the color for inactive sketches too.

But no this isn't the case.

At least for ordered sketches You have a fixed color (grey) if in SingleColorMode for sketches

You can change the color settings for sketches and every snyc sketch rely on that.

20171201_2039.PNG

On the other hand, I also have now set the background color to white but I'm able to see all sketches very well.

As seen in the above picture.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: consistently changing MULTI COLOR SKETCH DISPLAY so i can see it on a white back ground

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

I would say Part Painter for the 3D Sketch. Note the new Curve Default style.

And I could give you a macro to set all the ordered sketches to Show Sketch Colors.

You could also ask your reseller to file an enhancement request.

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Re: consistently changing MULTI COLOR SKETCH DISPLAY so i can see it on a white back ground

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Telling my reseller is a great idea! But its not just order

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and the information contained herein are the proprietary and confidential property of THE BAKER COMPANY and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please do not read, copy, disclose or distribute its contents to any party and notify the sender immediately.
Nathan M. Gardner

https://www.etsy.com/people/NathanMGardner

Be sure to check out my work!!
Made in Maine Wood Carvings

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I have learned to really like the colors as a function of constraints. I have it set up so that the lines turn black when they are nailed down and blue if they are not. The goal becomes black and white. Once in a great while I will manually assign colors to sketch segments.

It's easiest on the eyes to have a gradient blue background (I like the 2000 blue). But many here prefer a white background for screen shots. As a compromise you may want to consider an off white or gradient off white.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Closed sketches are set to the Construction color set in Color Manager.  Setting that to a darker color if using a light background resolves the issue for me.  Note that 3D Sketch color is only controlled by that if using the "Use individual part styles" option of Color Manager.  I have not firured out what controlls them in assembly using the "Use Solid Edge Options color settings" which does control 2D sketch geometry (may be a bug).

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com