conversion doubts in sheetmetal

Creator
Creator

i have converted the following files from .dxf format to .psm by opening them first in the draft environment and copied them and pasted in the draft environment . I am not able to create a tab for the following files since the following message occurs(the tab command can only add material to an existing tab or flange. the tab command cannot be used to join multiple flanges together).

how to create tab for these files because i have to assemble these files to some other files and get my final output. I even a have doubt, about sheetmetal files in solidedge . some one please help me (if possible with a video demonstration)

regards,

visa

13 REPLIES

Re: conversion doubts in sheetmetal

Legend
Legend
check the entire perimeter sketch as you select it, there's a disconnected,line somewhere there.
-Craig

Creator
Creator
i have checked those. but i couldnt find them . help me

Creator
Creator
i have checked the perimeter in the sketches and there are minute changes in those which after changing i am not able to do the relationship properties. could some one suggest an idea for it

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It's been my experience that there are almost always problems bringing Acad sketches to SE. Especially somewhat complicated ones like this.

I got it to work by a roundabout process.

I opened a new assembly with that part as the first part.

I created a new part in place.

I edited the new part and and made a sketch with project to sketch.

Then I saved and opened the new part.

I cleaned up the sketch. Some of the arcs were reluctant to attach to the adjacent line using trim corner. One in particular indicated below. After I fixed that I could make a tab.

problem arc.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

(view in My Videos)

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@grayson, That was much easier.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

So are those gaps the results of single and double precision translation? Ot is that a non-issue these days?

Phenom
Phenom

I remember do this when I had to convert several hundred if not a thousand wireframe/solid models froms CADDS 5 to NX.

Creator
Creator

@grayson : thanks for your suggestion. i tried that way in my solidedge st7 and am not able to get .
i locked the top plane and ensured all the changes in the relationship geometry boxes . after clicking accept button i am not getting any changes.

see the following screenshot