convert to dxf

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hi,

I am trying to save a dft file as a dxf file. but when I do save as and then chosses dxf, it says that my translator has en error.

what can i do?

thx

7 REPLIES

Re: convert to dxf

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It would be helpful if you provided the error message so we can assess what exactly is the issue.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

here:

covert Error.jpg

Siemens Phenom

This is clearly telling you that a previously used .ini file for your translation settings is no longer accessible.

Several ways to resolve this. 

Quickest easiest way is with Solid Edge closed, use regedit to remove the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge" key.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

thank you!

sounds about right, but i cand delete all the solid file..i will loose all its data.

do have something more axact?

i think its because i have replaced someone in this computer and i guess that the user in the progrem didnt replaced properly.

thx

Siemens Phenom
And no one is asking you to delete your design files.

You have been asked to reset your Solid Edge user preferences in order to resolve this issue.

Deleting a registry entry does *not* equate to deleting physical files. The registry entry will be recreated when you next start Solid Edge.

Sent from my Android phone using Symantec TouchDown (www.symantec.com)

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
ok, so I am deleting this key:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version100" ???
witch means, all the files in this key?

Siemens Phenom
Settings! You are NOT deleting files. You are deleting user preferences. There is a HUGE difference.

Sent from my Android phone using Symantec TouchDown (www.symantec.com)

-----------------
Siemens Industry Software Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 3476850.
Registered office: Faraday House, Sir William Siemens Square, Frimley, Surrey, GU16 8QD.