Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coordinate dimensions, unknown dashed line appearing randomly

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

See attached screenshot. I cannot find any way to turn this line off, or even information about what it is, in the online help. In a row of coordinate dimensions the line appears at random between several of the dimensions. What is it, and how can I remove or hide it?

5 REPLIES

Re: coordinate dimensions, unknown dashed line appearing randomly

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @kjm,

I recall this coming up quite some time ago........what OS & version [including MP level] of Solid Edge are you on?

From memory, this being only graphical, it can be cleared by moving the dim that the alignment glyph is shown with, either by dragging the dim out of stack height, or placing a temporary jog......or something like that. Pretty sure this was cured in an MP.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP3] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello,

Sean is correct.  You can move the dimension and the dotted lines will disappear.  There was a bug that did cause the line to remain but maintenance pack fixed it.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Legend
Legend

This was fixed in ST8 MP10. Before this you could not remove it exept by deleting the dimension.

It can still happen when using ctrl+z, when selecting the dimenion it's gone.

Sander
The Netherlands

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I am on ST8 on Windows 10. I don't know what MP level I have, or where to find out that information. I work for a large corporation, IT handles all updates and installation.

Moving the dimension has no effect, the dashed line persists. Deleting the dimension and putting it back in, worked.

Legend
Legend

@kjm

You are lower then MP10, we also had this problem with angular coordinate.

Here you can check your version, and for ST8 there are 12 maintence packs mayby ask your IT to get the latest.

ST version.PNG

Sander
The Netherlands