Solved! Go to solution

coordinates on drawing

[ Edited ]

Version 106.00.05.04x64

Hello,

is it possible to display the coordinate system (X,Y,Z) on the drawing view? Not the center of mass, but just X Y Z axes

This doesn't work...

Display a coordinate system in a drawing view

A selected coordinate system can be displayed in the drawing view by doing the following on the Display tab (Drawing View Properties dialog box):

1. Select the Parts List Options button, and then select List Coordinate Systems.

2. From the Parts list, select the coordinate system you want to show.

3. Select the Show check box under Selected Part(s) Display.

4. From the Visible edge style list, select the line style for displaying the coordinate system.

5. Click Apply.

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johan
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: coordinates on drawing

Hello Johan,

I tried the workflow you listed and found that additionally updating the view displays the coordinate system though it is very difficult to view since it appears as a small dot as shown below:

There sure must be setting, which I have not been able to locate, that makes the coordinate system appear properly the way it looks like in the Part.

If you know or discover the setting, kindly do share it here.

Hi,

Yes, Tushar is right. You will see a "very" small dot, but there are some ways to show it in larger. You have to create a new line style or you have to create sketches in 3D and show them on drawing view. Solid Edge ST7 will provide a great new way to show coordinate system...

Here is a video about solutions in ST6 and ST7:

I hope, this will help!

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

thx for the replies, but as i  understand very poor feature in today SE version