copper parts with holes

Creator
Creator

How can you transfer hole locations of copper parts so that it exports out as a text file with all of the pertinent information so it can be opened up in a different program?

5 REPLIES

Re: copper parts with holes

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @Wayne_B,

One way, would be to create a "Hole Table" in an appropriate draft view of the part, then right click the table to "Copy Contents"....then paste this to an Excel spreadsheet.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

Sean,  thanks for the reply.  I am not too sure how to do what you were referring to. Sorry.

We are trying to export everything about the copper part, including the holes so it can be converted to a copper bender program.  We are trying to figure out a way to export this information through the actual part file like you would an STEP file, but with the X, Y, Z coordinates for the holes.

Phenom
Phenom

As Sean has suggested, the default template for the Hole Table does have columns for X and Y coords of the hole center.

What else goes into a copper bender program.

Are you looking to generate a fully working CNC code out of a Solid Edge part ?

Provide details of the kind of information you are looking to export about the copper part.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@Wayne_B,

Ah, OK, it's much more than just some hole coordinates, like I was thinking you needed.

Have you tried opening formats such as STEP & IGES in a text editor? [Notepad, etc] The information will be there, it's just a matter of interpretting [filtering] it to suit your needs.

What is the program you are trying to import part data into? ....as maybe there is someone here that has ported to it already. Can you maybe also show [or upload] a typical part? Just for further understanding.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

I have included a generic sample part with some holes in it for you to view.  I am not exactly sure what the programmers want except the part file being exported into a text type format to pick up the hole locations and rotations.  "It's a code thing" haha

This will be setup on one of our benders to rotate the copper and drill the holes into it.