copy paste feature- point of origin/insertion, feature library

Pioneer
Pioneer

Solid edge ST9

Part- synchronous

I have one angle and one side has bunch of holes, using copy- paste feature  command i can copy it and try to paste it at on other side but my point of insertion is not accurate. same with feature library. The feature I save has a point of insertion but it when i bring that feature into other part it does not connect it properly to put it at intended location. 

Is there a way to create point of insertion which will help me orient my paste feature in new part?

4 REPLIES

Re: copy paste feature- point of origin/insertion, feature library

Phenom
Phenom

Try placing the steering wheel at the insertion point just before copying it to the feature library.

Also use the Tool Plane (the blue transparent donut plane in the middle of the steering wheel) to properly orient the wheel so the orientation when inserting the feature would be as desired. 

~Tushar

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thank you for reply.

I already tried that, I can create  a origin point but the problem comes when I bring that saved feature and try to locate at proper location on part.

I am using solid edge ST9. Its not even letting me select face using F3 command. I am not sure thats a glitch with ST9 or is there a way to do that.

Phenom
Phenom

OK, got it.

It seems the idea is to first bring in the copied feature then use the steering wheel for precise location and orientation.

Phenom
Phenom

manojsonje22 wrote:

Thank you for reply.

I already tried that, I can create  a origin point but the problem comes when I bring that saved feature and try to locate at proper location on part.

I am using solid edge ST9. Its not even letting me select face using F3 command. I am not sure thats a glitch with ST9 or is there a way to do that.

ST8 have the same behaviour and In my opinion it is has been like that since the begining.

I agree with you that is a boring and not efficient to have to copy paste deselect and select again to move it where you would have pasted from begining.