Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corners fit between circular tubes

Genius
Genius

Hallo

I got the "frame" using the FRAME tool making a perpendicular circle follow the path in the assembly mode.

But looking closer into the result, I see that the corners are not all the same. On the left hand side the upper corners show the vertical tube are not smoothly connected to the horizontal rectangular frame, while all others are.

Is there a way how the corners should have an additional definition, making the remaining two corners on the left hand side fitting smooth to the horinzontal frame?

best regards

HansSE6.jpg

16 REPLIES

Betreff: corners fit between circular tubes

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Hans11

have You had a chance to look into the tutorials and training manuals for SE.

There is a special one for Frames only.

Here is the link to the Frames Tutorial:

See all the others might also be a good hint:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/110/se_help#uid:xid1129778:xid1046153:index_xid61839...

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @Hans11

and the way SE tries to solve Your frame corners depends on the order You do it, or on the options You have defined within frame structure options.

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Dear Wolfgang

I include a video, how I set up the frame. I can't see, where I define that it's corners look differently. In the movie

• first I show, the two different styles of the corners
  • then I show how the frame-path looks like and
  • finally how I made the final frame from the frame-path and the cross-section including the options I have set.

May be, You could tell me, at what point I could interfere to make all corners have a smooth bevel.

best regards

Hans

(view in My Videos)

Genius
Genius

By accident (because I don't understand the meaning completel), I found a solution that makes all cornes smooth:

Going to "Frame-Options" and its submenu "Option", I untick the point "individual frame for collinear elements" then all corners become smooth.

It seems I have collinear element and they state the problem. How can I identify the collinearity of the frame path's elements. The frame-path is stored in a part-file.

When I open it, what would I have to do to see the relations of the individual lines, which had been set up in the 3D scetch mode in a sequential mode?

Hi @Hans11

what i f You use one of the standard frames from the frame folder in SE?

Look into Solid Edge ST xx\Frames\DIN\Round Tubingxxx.par

When using one of them will the result be the same or not?

Maybe it has to do with the frame definition and a missing frame origin?

Another hint I can give is, to use a part with an extrusion and 3D sketch rather to sketch only.

It is a lot easier to create them (single rectangle as protrusion ceates all edges in space for the block)

and You can use a face to face seelction to define the order of trimming Your frames

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Dear Wolfgang,

I have constructed it as a 3D scetch of lines and stored it in an ."par"-file. When I open the ."par"-file, it looks, as if all line-ends are in direct contact with eachother. But if I import this file as a path into a Frame, I get the information, that there are collinear lines in it. When I open this ."par"-file, I only see a single construct no information about individual lines.

How can I identify the relations of these lines within the ."par"-file.

How can I edit these relations?

I will follow Your hint probably tomorrow.

By the way: To me it seems the 3D-construction is not very stable. Several times a day, in this mode, I come to the point when I realize, that Solid Edge responds somehow unexpected. After several of these observations, I decide to restart Solid Edge. Usually then Solid Edge is unable to close and tells me "Solid edge is not working anymore".

I enclose the ."par"-file. Maybe someone can identfy if there is something wrong with this file.

Another point: Quite often after having open a ."par"-file and an asm-file, the opportunity to open another window using "new" in the menu is disappeared in the menu. Is this due to a known limitation?

best regards

Hans

HI @Hans11

could it be that You are working with an Academic Solid Edge Version?

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

New is available if you open a part from an assembly, but not if you edit in place.

I think it may be missing from the frames and Xpressroute environments also.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST10 MP6 on Windows 10 Pro 64.

HI @Hans11

see attached video with my way to get Your frame design.

I started with a single part, a simple extrusion and a small sketch (3D or 2D, doesn't matter) for the lower frames.

BTW, I have seen in Your part, that You have splitted the vertical edges of Your 3D lines.

This is something I would not do so!

This Inner_Part is used as place holder for my frame assembly

Beginning with the top face only, but You also can select all of them in one single step.

Always as You like!

The method of selected will influence how YOur corners look like.

Here is the picture of the result when selected everything in one single step:

20170929_1242.PNG

And here the complete video:

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang