Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Betreff: corners fit between circular tubes

Genius
Genius

Thank You for the video. It's very helpful to see these efficient ways:

I realized, that the frame-mode also allows access to the edges of a solid cube (in case I previously activated this possibility). That makes things much easier. So I created two cubes to generate the frame's path.

Funny, that in my way again in the frame's options, the "colinear segments activation" work in the same way like notching did in Your way. (see attached video)

(view in My Videos)

What I did not find wa, how can I deselect a path element after selecting it by accident during the procedure of path-selection?

Another question: If instead of generating two cubes, I choose one cube and put a 3D-line on it's walls as a path for the tubing, then I need to have the lines connected which have contact to eachother to generate a bevel at the contact.

When I try, I can activate only the end of one line but cannot catch the other one.

(view in My Videos)

What am I doing wrong?

best regards

Hans

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

HI @Hans11

first and fast answer to one of Your quesitons:

• To deselect any selected lines/edges etc. soimply use CTRL-select
    Same way as You would do it when selecteing files in the explorer and then You need to unselect some of them

regards
Wolfgang

Hi @Hans11

and again another answer:

Please look my video first

I only have one single block with additional lines on the side planes.

If You again have two blocks and the edges of those two plates are colinear, then the option setting will have influence wether or not You will recieve one single frame or two colinear frames.

In the case of the two colinear it seems to have problems/bugs with the trimmin.

But You do no want and need the two segments, will You?

Next is, do not select all at once.

Try to get it step by step and finally

"Take a look into the tutorials!"

They are available for students too.

I woul drecommend to follow the example video step by step and see wether You will get the same results

And again: No need for two plates with colinear edges

I am absolutely confident, that You will get it.

regards
Wolfgang

HI @Hans11

another question:

"Have You ever tried to post in the German Solid Edge Forum under cad.de too?"

Maybe they can helpYou also.

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Hi Wolfgang

Yep I guessed, that You have one block with lines on its side.

But I didn't succeed to connect them (second video). And without having them connected to is no bevel.

I'm shure, I'll get the same results once I have successfully have lines connected on the sides of the cube.

The approach using two cubes seemed to me easy, as there all lines are connected from the extrusion. The colinear lines were the horizontal ones 50mm above the bottom. But the strange colinear frame result was at the corner at the top ...??? How might that be related?

regards

Hans

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

If you want an adjustable cube do control the sketches. Use planes.

Then relate the sketches and make the sketches on the planes. Move a plane, that edits the sketch. This is how I make all of my sheet metal box's.

Genius
Genius

Hi 12GAGE,

using planes and shifting them sounds nice. I tried two approaches to do it in the par-mode

1) Creating a plane parallel to one of the cubes surface planes, painting a rectangular on it, using 2D sketch.

2) It chose one after the other the surface planes of the cube painting one line onto each surface.

But with both approaches I have trouble.

Trying 1) I didn't succeed to put the rectangular in such a way, that they were within the surficial planes of the cube.

Trying 2) Using relations, I could not connect the 4 individual lines to eachother, while I do see the for lines on the cube's surfaces. I can put them intol a group ... but that's not productive

Any suggestions, which way to go, where I went wrong? Probably I didn't get the philosophy how one can arrange lines and planes in the same part.

best regards

Hans