Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

curved sheet metal in solid edge ST8

Experimenter
Experimenter

i drew two side walls and a ceiling. now i want cover the corner created due to walls and cieling with a smooth sheet metal. i tried all what i knew, but not getting the exact procedure or steps to draw the sheet metal please help me.!!!

P.S.: Design is to be done in Sheet metal environment.

3 REPLIES

Re: curved sheet metal in solid edge ST8

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi there @santy27,

Are you sure that this needs to be done in the "Sheet Metal" [being straight brake, or roll formed steel plate] environment? Bend radius of 200mm thick plate will consume a large area of the remaining walls, even before adding the third. [see attached]

Seems to me, to be more appropriate to model this in the "Part" environment, and apply fillets in the corners......maybe I just don't understand your need, quite right.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019

Experimenter
Experimenter

hello @SeanCresswell ... thanks for the reply.. actually it is not a 200mm thick sheet, pardon me for not mentioning this, its a 1.5 mm thick sheet bent in a cuboid shape with edge to edge distance is 200 mm.

i looked after your design sent to me in attachements, you know the gap or vacant area in the corner, i want to cover that one with the help of a sheet of 1.5mm thick, i tried using surfacing commands, though i can create a surface but cannot add thickness to it, so i think u may get an idea 'what i am trying to design' through this information!

couple of day earlier i went to visit a hospital, i saw some workers doing some paneling work, and they had a sheet of 1.5mm thick but they were not able to bend the sheet in the appropriate design. so i am figuring out the design that 'how would it look in the unbend format, so it can be bent in a proper way and can be fixed easily in the corner..

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @santy27,

Oh, OK......I'd probably use ordered design for this, and make a contour flange to cater to the profile [see attached]........did you want to close one [or both] ends in also?

Folding this closed profile will be tricky, and possibly expensive to tool for,....but not impossible.

Hope this helps in some way.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP8] Classic [x3 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000
Testing: Solid Edge 2019