custom.xml file going bad when deleting saved settings through hole option

When using Hole Options/Saved settings to editing the custom.xml file, the file go's bad after deleteing a few entries. Luckly i had a backup.

12 REPLIES

Re: custom.xml file going bad when deleting saved settings through hole option

i can't do anything when it come's to editing this file. How do you edit the .xml file out side SE? Do you use word pad? I tried that with out success. hoping there's a simple answer for this.

can't beleive this is still broke...Great!!!!

how does everyone else edit this file? It does it on all the machines. still wild how they haven't fixed this

I'm no expert in this but you could try XML Notepad. It's a freebee. Another one: XML Editor.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I always use Notepad++ and have no issues:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

XML Notepad seems a little friendlier to me.

Bruce Shand

For editing just only XML files I could see XML Notepad being friendlier.  However, I am familiar with hand writing XML files and use Notepad++ as a replacement for the WIndows notepad tool, so am using Notepad++ for all my text editing needs.

Either way, Windows Wordpad should be avoided as it is not very "friendly" to text files and has a nasty habit of putting extended characters into text files that can then cause "corruption" for solutions expecting a pure text only format.

That's cool. I'm speaking as an XML novice and infrequent editor. Notepad++ does look like a nice text editor. It's not hard to improve on Windows' notepad but this really goes way beyond.

Thanks for that info!

Bruce Shand

TDB wrote:

can't beleive this is still broke...Great!!!!

Still broke in ST9 evidently.  Does anyone know what needs fixed when the file gets corrupt?

Thanks,

Matt