dimension can't be locked

Why can't I lock this dimension?

It's nothing special, just one hole and a apperent intersection.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2017 user
7 REPLIES

Re: dimension can't be locked

[ Edited ]

I believe it is because it references a virtual intersection.  Unless things changed, I think you need to place a point and constrain it to the two curves with "on element connect" and drive that with the dimension.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP4
Testing: ST10

What color is this dimension? Is it red or blue? If it is red, then it is driving and such dimensions can be locked. If it is blue, then it is driven dimension and it can not be locked. Those dimensions are there just for reference, etc. They are not changing the model.

I guess, that dimension is blue. When you are dimensioning from the virtual intersection, the dimension is blue and can not be unlocked. If you want to dimension from this intersection, then you have to extent both lines to this intersection and then dimension from the endpoint of those lines.

Joris, this should work. I have done it multiple times.
Can you upload the sketch.

To be Dutch: ik zie de tekening wel Joris. Anders eventueel via de H&H forum.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Project Engineer @ EMCÉ Winches

Hi,

Ken is right. You cannot modify this dimension if it connected to virtual point (UNL).

Ken has mentioned a solution and here is a video:

BR, 

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Hmm, I have done this in ST6. Strange it's not possible anymore. Thanks for the information Ken and Imics.
-------
Daniël Schuiling

Hi,

If you are in sync then this works fine. In trad sketch I've never seen this working without

placed point or other tricks... Smiley Wink

BR, 

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

I could be wrong offcourse. Most of the times I place the rounds as last in the feature tree (Ordered).
-------
Daniël Schuiling