Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dimension text color

Creator
Creator

Good morning,

is it possible to have dimension text and dimension lines in two different colors? It's the way we normally do in acad to highlight dimensions.

Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: dimension text color

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

AFAIK the general tab in dimension properties has some color options but not for the text alone.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Phenom
Phenom

I can have dimensions with the text different colors from the rest of the dimension, but not in a drawing. I can do this in a model, but I don't think that will help with what you're wanting to do. I don't think edge can do this, at least not in any way i can think of without serious work arounds.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

@nominus38

...and what would that workaround be ?

Genius
Genius

Buscetto, when I have multiple dimensions on an item but only want to focus on one, I use either the Select - Dimension Type toggle or the Select - Inspection toggle. I can chose to either put a basic rectangle or rounded rectangle around the numeric feature.  Just a thought.

Ron 

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Good interpretation @ronlatour

I got it completely wrong when the OP mentioned about 'highlighting' a dimension, i preceived it as color highlighting, since colors were also mentioned.

Phenom
Phenom

@TusharWell, one that immediately comes to mind that I'm thinking i would prefer, It would be to have two dimension styles set up, that are basically identical except for the color. Then, you would turn off all the dimension lines in one of the styles. On the other dimensions, you would set it to be "blank" instead of "nominal" and then you should be able to pretty much snap those dimensions right onto each other. But like I said, more trouble than its worth. But still probably a better option than using text boxes to do it considering it wouldn't be dynamically linked that way, but would with the above idea.

Just an idea. I wouldn't go that far to do it, work arounds should be temporary, nobody wants to have to do this every time you do your work.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"