Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download solid edge for students

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi. I want solid edge but they do not send me the email with the link of download, what can I do ???
7 REPLIES

Betreff: download solid edge for students

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @ddd1

without doing it myself but I would think doing exactly what is recommended, downloading  the installation image from given link and installing it.

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi.

But I do not have the download link. I already sent the request but they did not send me the email.

Daniel Ramírez Hernández
Estudiante de ingeniería de materiales
Universidad de Antioquia

"La información aquí contenida es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Está estrictamente prohibida su utilización, copia, descarga, distribución, modificación y/o reproducción total o parcial, sin el permiso expreso de Universidad de Antioquia, pues su contenido puede ser de carácter confidencial y/o contener material privilegiado. Si usted recibió esta información por error, por favor contacte en forma inmediata a quien la envió y borre este material de su computador. Universidad de Antioquia no es responsable por la información contenida en esta comunicación, el directo responsable es quien la firma o el autor de la misma."

HI @ddd1

sorry for not understanding the - suppose - Spanish answer, but un that cas I would suggest to repeat the complete procedure, going to the Siemens page for academic version and doing a register and download again.

AFAIK the download link appears immediately on the page after entering Your data

regards
Wolfgang

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks.

Is Solid edge compatible with windows 10 home ?

This problem has a solution?

I have problems with this aspect.

Daniel Ramírez Hernández
Estudiante de ingeniería de materiales
Universidad de Antioquia

"La información aquí contenida es para uso exclusivo de la persona o entidad de destino. Está estrictamente prohibida su utilización, copia, descarga, distribución, modificación y/o reproducción total o parcial, sin el permiso expreso de Universidad de Antioquia, pues su contenido puede ser de carácter confidencial y/o contener material privilegiado. Si usted recibió esta información por error, por favor contacte en forma inmediata a quien la envió y borre este material de su computador. Universidad de Antioquia no es responsable por la información contenida en esta comunicación, el directo responsable es quien la firma o el autor de la misma."

HI @ddd1

as far as I know and I remember, Windows Home version never were on the supported and certified operating systems of Solid Edge.

But on the other hand I know, that we had many installations with Windows Home systems in the past (students too) without any major problems or issues.

If this is true for Win 10 Home and Solid Edge ST10 too, sorry, this I cann't say, since we never had any test case to that.

As I said it before, if the download is an problem, try the regsitration and download again.

If this doesn't help then I would suggest to contact the responsible person at Your university.

I think there is a prof or assistant who will and can help.

regards
Wolfgang

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Have a look in the spam folder

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hi Edgers,

I was force to test some things for customer, so I want to share the results with you.

I just installed ST10 on Windows 10 Home version without issues. I was able to open parts, assemblies and drafts for viewing.

So with this point of view it is possible to run ST10 as viewer on OS Home versions (I did not test W7 or 8). I also tried full license and there was no issues.

Different thing is support. Only Professional or Enterprise OS version are certified to run SE and therefore supported by Siemens/GTAC.

I tested also JT2GO viewer on W10 Home. It can be installed and I was able to open SE draft and assembly. But when I was try to open SE part/psm file, it shows PLMXML error and part is not opened. But this could be isolated issue, because I run OS in virtual environment.

I also installed View and Markup on W10 Home without any issues regarding installation and opening files.

Hope this informations helps anyone :-)

Ota